Wednesday, January 28, 2015

A Sweet Party!


     This December my niece turned 1.  Super exciting for her parents and our family.  Planning for her party was both creative and fun.  My sister, Taylor Sterling, Founder and Creative Director of TheGlitterGuide.com, had her work cut out for this celebration. Taylor's inspiration came from Tim Walker.  She loved his use of swans and pastel colors, for imaginative fun.  All that attended had a blast and were pleasantly surprised at what was put together in a not so big home.  
     I was in charge of desserts.  So off I went to come up with a variety of sweets for all to enjoy.  My creations included vanilla mousse topped with a fresh strawberries, individual banana cream pie's, strawberry ice cream topped with a confetti covered donut hole's, mini pale pink heart cookies made by a local to me bakery, pale pink meringue cookies, Andes mint chip meringue cookies, white chocolate marshmallow popcorn balls, a touch of pink coloring added to the chocolate made them even more fun, mini cupcakes frosted with different shades of pastel, a white layer cake with fresh strawberries and topped with meringue cookies, as well as a yummy raspberry sherbet punch.  
     The party was a huge hit.  Everyone had a great time.  My sister and her husband enjoyed sharing this celebration with friends and family.  As well as on Pottery Barn Kids, Going Lovely, and Glitter Guide's Instagram pages.  
Stay tuned!  There is always a little something sweet from my life to be shared... 

No comments:

Post a Comment