Friday, December 30, 2011

Holiday of Treats








Happy holiday's and welcome back.  For my family Christmas is a time of giving, sharing, loving, and eating.  This year I put together several holiday treats. My first treat is the yummy reduced fat chocolate cupcakes with chocolate chip cookie dough centers.  They were very easy to make and came out soft, moist, and surprising to those who did not expect to see a cookie dough center.
Directions:
* Mix your cake (from scratch or box as directed)
* Fill your baking cups a bit less than half full
* Break apart your cookie dough and place a piece in the center of your cupcake
* Add a bit more cupcake mix to cover the cookie dough
* Bake until done (approximately 20 minutes)
* Let cool
* Frost & decorate
  ENJOY!!!


I also baked my mom's favorite, lemon bars.  These are sweet and tart, and just delicious.  She was so excited to see her favorites.
Finally, there were my sisters chocolate chip cookies.  Don't they just look pretty.  They are displayed on a gift she received from our grandmother. This clear glass and gold cake plate was handed down from our great grandmother to our grandmother and now to my sister.

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a safe New Year's & check back in Monday to see my Peppermint Cheesecake.

No comments:

Post a Comment