- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Zest of ½ lime
- 3 cups fresh pineapple chunks (about 1 pound)
- 2 dried star anise pods
- 1½ tablespoons white rum
- Juice of 2 to 3 oranges (2/3 cup)
- 2½ cups dry white wine
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. In a medium bowl,
combine the sugar, ginger and lime zest. Add the pineapple and toss.
- Scrape the pineapple into the skillet, add the star anise and cook, without
stirring, until the pineapple caramelizes, 5 minutes. Stir in the rum and let the
alcohol burn off, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the orange
juice, scraping the bottom of the pan; let cool.
- Discard the anise. Puree the fruit mixture in a blender. Stir in the white wine
and pour the mixture into ice-pop molds. Freeze until solid, about 4 hours
I am not sure what I like most about these??? The name, the color or the refreshing twist on something old? Well I think all of the above. Seems like popsicle's you make at home are very in right now. It is certainly a fun idea, as well as something you can make personal to you. Surf your magazines and the internet and there are many fun ideas out there. A summer treat to enjoy!
*I found this recipe at rachaelraymag.com