Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Cookie Treat







Wow! These were a hit.  First time I made these, and they were gone before I knew it. 

Poking around Pinterest, I came across cookies similar to these.  I changed it up to what I wanted to create.

 Simple to make, travel with and store, these cookies are perfect for the holidays.

What you will need:
Package of ladyfinger cookies
Mini chocolate chips
Evaporated milk
Non-dairy whip topping(I get mine at Smart and Final)
Rum extract
Coffee 

     Start by making the coffee of your choice.  While that cools, mix your non-dairy whip topping. Add rum extract to your desired taste. Put your whip topping in the freezer until you are ready for it.  Place your mini chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and slowly melt them.  Add little by little, evaporated milk.  Make sure your chips all melt and that you keep the chocolate mixture thick.  Lay 1/2 package of cookies on a sheet of wax paper.  Brush a very small amount of the coffee on your cookies.  They can get soggy so be careful.  Spread a thin layer of chocolate over the cookies with coffee on them.  Put your whip topping into a piping bag with the decorating tip of your choice.  Pipe non-dairy whip topping on top of the chocolate.  Using the rest of your cookies, place them on top of the whip topping, making a sandwich.  Decorate the top of your sandwich as desired.  

     One after thought I had was to add coffee to the chocolate.  May give it more coffee flavor, but I have not experimented with this yet.

Enjoy!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment