Simple Vanilla Biscotti
My first ever try at biscotti. Easier than I expected.
You will need:
1/2 cup light olive oil
1 cup sugar
3 1/4 cup flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 tablespoon vanilla bean
Piping bag to drizzle candy melts
* I recently discovered pure vanilla bean paste at Sur La Table. I plan to try this next time. Also plan to use more than the recipe calls for.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the oil, eggs, sugar and vanilla until well blended. Combine the flour and baking powder, stir into the egg mixture to form a heavy dough. Divide dough into two pieces. Form each piece into a roll as long as your cookie sheet. Place roll onto the prepared cookie sheet, and press down to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown. Remove from the baking sheet to cool on a wire rack. When The cookies are cool enough to handle, slice each one crosswise into 1/2 inch slices. Place the slices cut side up back onto the baking sheet. Bake for an additional 6 to 10 minutes on each side. Slices should be lightly toasted.
- Once cooled you can decorate with the candy melt of your choice. Simply melt candy in a microwave safe bowl. Make sure its soft, but not too hot so you can put it in a piping bag. After you fill the bag cut a very small piece of the tip off. Squeeze over the top of your cookies. Let them set up for a bit. Then Enjoy!