Thursday, September 24, 2015

Get Social








Ice cream is fun no matter the time of the year.  Get creative and capture & share your ideas. For this event I used a galvanized metal bucket, filled it with ice and put 3 kinds of ice cream in it.  I used a wine bottle chiller for the whip cream.  I try to save money whenever possible.  So I went to Dollar Tree for the cups and spoons.  I even found sprinkles there.

  I made the canopy with help from my mom and children.  It was a simple idea, but turned out to be a bit tough.  I bought 2X2 wood and it was super dry.  End result, cracking.  We still managed to get it all to work.  We then zip tied it to the table to keep it from moving in the wind.  No sewing required.  Staple gunned fabric to the wood and finished it off with mini color lights that made the night fun.  

My cake!
Duncan Hines white cake
1 cup cream of coconut
1/3 cup of oil
4 eggs
1 container of vanilla yogurt
* Mix all together and bake at 350* for 20-30 minutes

 Frost with Smart & Final non dairy whip topping
Layer shredded coconut into the middle
Topped with Trader Joe's coconut chips and chocolate ganache
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment