Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Raspberry Blondies

Raspberry Blondies
 
 
I have to say that my picture does not do justice to how wonderful these are.  I found this great recipe in Allyou magazine.  

1 cup flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 stick unsalted butter
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup fresh raspberries
* I did not add any nuts, but it does call for 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts or almonds.

Preheat oven to 350.  You will need an 8 in. pan with heavy-duty foil, leaving at least 1 in. overhang on all sides. 
Combine flour and baking powder in a small bowl.  Melt butter in a sauce pan over medium heat and add brown sugar.  Once moistened, let cool, then whisk in egg and vanilla.  Stir in flour mixture until just combined. 
Scrape batter into baking pan and smooth top with spatula.  Scatter berries over batter.  Bake about 30 minutes.  They should come out like brownies.  Cool completely before removing from pan.
Once cool, lift foil out of pan and cut into squares. 

*Special tip!  I added white chocolate chips to my ingredients.  Was a nice added touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment