Monday, November 4, 2013

My First Try Mascarpone Pie


As many of you know, Taylor Sterling from Glitter Guide is my sister.  We recently celebrated her pregnancy at our moms house. This week I will be posting the desserts I made for this sweet celebration.  
A majority of our dessert theme is white to show the love we have for our mom and Taylor's grandma Eveyln, who both have a passion for the beauty of white.  
I have never made mascarpone anything before.  I reviewed numerous recipes on the internet and then whipped up my own variation.  

TreatUrSweet Mascarpone Pie
1 box Keebler graham cracker crumbs
24 oz. mascarpone 
4 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 tablespoons heavy cream
2 vanilla beans

Make your crust first.  Follow the Keebler box recipe.  Then combine mascarpone, honey, vanilla extract, heavy cream, and scraped seeds from inside our vanilla beans.  This will be your beginning.  Once all your ingredients are mixed, do a taste test.  If it is to your liking, then you are finished. Otherwise, add little by little more honey until you reach the sweet you like.  
Fill into your crust, decorate and as always, ENJOY...

Photography by:  Emily Scott of EM the Gem



No comments:

Post a Comment