Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Mini Mouse Birthday
















What a fun adventure.  My little Julie turned 4.  Her request was a Mini Mouse cake.  How could I refuse her request.  I love polk a dots, so this was a piece of CAKE.  This is my 3rd fondant cake.  I used Duff's hot PINK buttercream fondant(sold at Michael's), scrapbook paper for the ears, and a gift ribbon on the top center.  This was a 6" layer with chocolate buttercream fill and cover prior to fondant going over the cake.  I finished off the bottom of the cake with a fondant braid.  I also made some cupcakes that had whole mandarin oranges in them.  Topped the cupcakes with vanilla frosting and pretty flower toppers.   All the treats were a hit.  I got the balloons from Party City, plates and Happy Birthday glasses from dollar tree.  This was a sweet celebration.  Happy Birthday to my littlest angel, we LOVE you...

No comments:

Post a Comment